Event Day Info
The world’s best Supercross and Freestyle Motocross riders will descend upon Mt Smart Stadium for the first-ever Monster Energy S-X Open Auckland this weekend and we have all the info you need to get prepared.
The world’s best Supercross and Freestyle Motocross riders will descend upon Mt Smart Stadium for the first-ever Monster Energy S-X Open Auckland this Saturday.
6,000 tonnes of dirt will be trucked into the venue, creating one of the most extreme tracks NZ has ever seen. The Monster Energy S-X Open Supercross FIM Oceania Championship promises to be the largest off-road motorcycling series outside of the USA.
The S-X Open Auckland Event will be the most unique Supercross event in the world and will feature the final round of the 2018 Monster Energy S-X Open Supercross FIM Oceania Championship (S-X Open Supercross Championship) as well as the FMX ‘Best Trick’ competition.
The all-new Triple-Crown Final race format in both SX1 & SX2 classes will mean non-stop, high-intensity action
If you’re ready for the action, we’ve got all the important information you’ll need on the day.
Important event info:
12pm – Monster Energy Pit Party starts (available to all ticket holders, enter through Gate A)
12pm-12.45pm – VIP Ticketholders Track Walk (Grass-only next to track due to weather conditions and available only to VIP ticket holders)
1pm-2pm – Pit Party Supercross & FMX Rider Signings
3pm – Corporate Suites & SuperLounge Open (Cash Bar service from 4pm)
3pm – VIP, Ultimate VIP & Corporate SuperLounge Entry to grandstands open for afternoon sessions:
-SX2 Free Practice
-SX1 Free Practice
-Supercross rider interviews
-KTM Junior Challenge Practice
-FMX Free Practice
-FMX rider interviews
4.30pm -- Ultimate VIP & Corporate Track Walk (pending weather conditions, this may be held beside the track if the track is too wet)
4.45pm-5.30pm – Monster Energy Rig Riot in Pit Party
5pm – General Doors open
6pm – Event Start
-SX1 Heat Races
-SX2 Heat Races
-Boost Mobile International Showdown (ANZAC vs International)
-SX1 Yamaha SuperPole
-Boost Mobile Best Whip Contest
-KTM Mini Challenge
-Monster Energy Best-Trick Freestyle Motocross
-SX2 – Main Event Final
-SX1 – 3 x Triple Crown Main Event Finals
10pm – Event Finish and Pyrotechnics
*Timings are approximate and subject to change
Find the event map here.
Bag Policy – Permitted Items
There is no bag or coat check available. Any items such as prams, umbrellas or any other prohibited items are to be left at home, or in your vehicle.
- Small personal cameras and camera phones are allowed. Professional cameras, or any camera with a lens larger than a standard watch face (or exceeding 4cm in diameter, will not be permitted.
- One sealed plastic water bottle (up to 1 litre). The lid may be removed and discarded on entry
- Disability assistance dogs.
- Banners, placards and flags no larger than 1m x 1m with sticks and poles detached before entering the stadium.
- Small quantities of home prepared food such as sandwiches, fruit and baking.
Strict bag policy
No bags larger than 350mm x 300mm x 400mm.
Train services on the Onehunga and Southern Line travel to the Penrose train station, which is in walking distance (approximately 10-15 minutes) to Mt Smart Stadium. Regular bus services will run. Find out full public transport info here.
There is no general parking onsite for major events. Parking is usually available for a fee at businesses surrounding the stadium. Please be aware that if you park on a street or in a business that is subject to a later road closure or parking restrictions you may be towed or delayed from exiting.
- Parking restrictions will be in place for both sides of Beasley Ave (Church Street to Road End) from midday to 11pm on Saturday, 24 November.
- There are no parking restrictions to Maurice Rd and O’Rorke Rd for this event.
- Parking restrictions will be in place for the rail side of Station Rd between the train station and O’Rorke road from 2.30pm to 11pm on Saturday, 24 November.
- Beasley Ave will be closed to all traffic from midday to 11pm on Saturday, 24 November.
- Maurice Rd will be controlled by stop/go signage between 9pm to 11pm.
- O’Rorke Rd will be controlled by stop/go signage between 9pm to 11pm
- There are no road closures to Station Rd for this event.
Onsite mobility parking is strictly available for patrons who hold a current mobility parking permit. Mobility access can be accessed from the eastern side of Beasley Ave. Please present mobility permit to traffic control staff for access. Register for mobility parking by emailing your permit number to email@example.com.
The event will still be held in the rain except in the case of severe thunderstorms, torrential rain and/or lightning, as rider and spectator safety is paramount. If the track is still in a safe condition, the event will continue – however timing is subject to change. There is a reserve day on Sunday 25 November if the worst case were to happen and the event must be delayed due to unsafe conditions. We highly recommend that you bring a waterproof jacket or raincoat as rain is predicted and umbrellas are not permitted inside Mt Smart Stadium.
We want Mt Smart Stadium to be a fun, safe space for everyone. If you feel unsafe at any time or need assistance, text ‘ASSIST’ leave a space followed by your message and location and send to 260 for help.
VIP Package Inclusions
VIP bags will be available from the VIP bag collection point(s) within Western Stand. We recommend bag collection for VIPs after the VIP Track Walk is concluded, so from approximately 12.30pm onwards. There will be an Ultimate VIP bag collection point(s) for pick up at the Western Stand between 12pm and 5pm.
- VIP: http://media.ticketmaster.com/en-au/img/static/pdf/2018MonsterEnergyS-XOpen_Auckland_VIP.pdf
- Ultimate VIP: http://media.ticketmaster.com/en-au/img/static/pdf/2018MonsterEnergyS-XOpen_Auckland_UltimateVIP.pdf
- SuperLounge: http://media.ticketmaster.com/en-au/img/static/pdf/2018MonsterEnergyS-XOpen_Auckland_CorporateSuperLounge.pdf
- Open Air Booth: http://media.ticketmaster.com/en-au/img/static/pdf/2018_MonsterEnergyS-XOpen%20Auckland_OpenAirBooth.pdf
Monster Energy S-X Open Auckland will take over Mt Smart Stadium on Saturday 24 November. Tickets are still available through Ticketmaster.co.nz.