Locally-made beers and delicious food...does it get much better than this?
Brought together by local beer enthusiasts behind The Beer Spot, New Zealand’s first-ever ‘The Beer Festival’ is ready to give Kiwis something to look forward to this November.
For those unfamiliar, The Beer Spot is made up of five venues around Auckland City, sourcing locally made beers from hundreds of brewers all around Aotearoa.
The Beer Festival 2020 Dates
- Friday 6 & 7 November @ The Cloud, Queens Wharf, Auckland
- With four sessions over the two days – 11am – 4pm and 4pm – 8pm
Thirty of those brewers will be showcasing their wares at The Beer Festival next month. Alongside the bevs, 12 Auckland-based food trucks will be offering up delicious food to help keep you going throughout the day.
“Folks will be able to vote for their favourite brewer and food truck. The vendors will have their site fees waived as a prize. They’ll probably get a wee trophy too, but thought these small businesses might appreciate something tangible,” says Jason Payn, Founder and Owner of The Beer Spot – giving you an extra chance to give back to some of the local businesses that have been doing it tough in 2020.
The Beer Festival Brewers
- Deco City – Hawkes Bay
- McLeods – Waipu, Northland
- Deep Creek – Silverdale, Auckland
- Hallertau – Riverhead, Auckland
- Epic – Auckland
- Isthmus – Auckland
- Urbanaut – Kingsland, Auckland
- Cassels – Christchurch
- Parrotdog – Lyall Bay, Wellington
- Liberty – Helensville, Auckland
- 8 Wired – Warkworth, Auckland
- Good George – Hamilton
- Garage Project – Wellington
- Zeelandt – Hawkes Bay
- Sawmill – Matakana, Auckland
- Behemoth –Eden Terrace, Auckland
- Weezledog / Black Sands – West Auckland
- Bach Brewing – Auckland
- Laughing Bones – Silverdale, Auckland
- Rocky Knob – Mt. Maunganui
- Three Wise Birds – Hawkes Bay
- Morningcider – Morniongside, Auckland
- Citizen – Auckland
- Abandoned Brewing – Lower Hutt
- New New New – Dunedin
- Alibi Brewing – Waiheke Island, Auckland
- Bootleg Brewery – Hamilton
The Beer Festival Food Trucks
- Brooklyn Dogs – Gourmet Loaded Hot Dogs
- Brotisserie – Rotisserie Chickens and ‘brotatoes’
- Ramen Takara – Authentic Japanese Street Food
- Bun Hun – Genuine, handmade bao buns
- Manilla Eats – Filipino flavours in amazing coloured buns
- Grub Food Truck – Roast dinners in a Yorkshire pudding wrap
- Pasta Masta – High-quality Italian pasta with freshly made sauces
- The White Lady – Classic burgers from Auckland’s original food truck
- Europe Central Kitchen – Delicious Beef and Chicken Schnitzel sandwiches
- Jo Bro Burgers – Five-star flavours
- Miso Ra – Miso Ramen dishes
- Taco Loco – Mexican favourites
Any beer festival wouldn’t be complete without a commemorative cup, so every The Beer Festival attendee gets a special cup – in The Beer Spot’s tasting glass 150ml serving size – shipped all the way from Germany and a drink sling to hold it in while you eat.
To get you home at the end of the day, The Beer Festival has also partnered up with rideshare company Zoomy, with discounts for new sign-ups to ensure everyone gets home safely.
The Beer Festival will take over The Cloud, Queens Wharf in Auckland on Friday 6 and Saturday 7 November, across two daily sessions at 11am – 4pm and 4pm – 8pm. Tickets are on sale now via Ticketmaster.co.nz.