There aren't many songbooks as loved and celebrated as Queen's. Now Marc Martel will celebrate the band's greatest hits with The Ultimate Queen Celebration this August and September.
We have it on good authority that this is the closest you’ll get to seeing Freddie Mercury perform live.
And that authority is none other than Queen legends Roger Taylor and Brian May, who handpicked Marc Martel to front their official Queen tribute in 2012. If that isn’t as good as the royal seal of approval then we don’t know what is.
Martel’s vocals are so similar to Mercury’s that he was even called up to lay down some vocal tracks at London’s famed Abbey Road Studios for the much-celebrated, Academy-Award winning Queen biopic Bohemian Rhapsody. As the film’s producer Graham King told Rolling Stone, “Rami Malek couldn’t replicate Mercury’s singing voice. The solution was to take recordings from Queen master tapes, with additional vocals recorded by Canadian singer Marc Martel. Literally, you could close your eyes and it’s Freddie and that’s a very tough thing to do.”
Since launching The Ultimate Queen Celebration project in March 2017, Martel has performed sold out concerts around the world, even completing a hugely successful inaugural tour of Australia and New Zealand.
- Auckland Live Presale: Monday 18 March @ 9am (local time) until Sunday 24 March @ 11pm (local time)
- Promoter Presale: Monday 18 March @ 9am (local time) until Sunday 24 March @ 11pm (local time)
- Event Finda Presale: Tuesday 19 March @ 9am (local time) until Sunday 24 March @ 11pm (local time)
- My Ticketmaster Presale: Tuesday 19 March @ 9am (local time) until Sunday 24 March @ 11pm (local time)
- General Public Onsale: Monday 25 March @ 9am (local time)
Marc Martel will return to New Zealand with the Ultimate Queen Celebration, taking over Opera House Wellington on Wednesday 28 August 2019 and ASB Theatre, Auckland on Friday 30 August 2019. Tickets are onsale via Ticketmaster.co.nz.