Backstreet’s back, alright!
Get your crew together because the Backstreet Boys have announced a New Zealand visit for May 2020.
Boy bands have come and gone, but for almost three decades AJ McLean, Brian Littrell, Nick Carter, Howie Dorough and Kevin Richardson have kept the Backstreet Boys at the front of the pack, reinventing their look and sound to ensure they have remained one of the biggest boys bands in history.
In fact they are the biggest selling Boy Band of all time – with more than 100 million albums sold worldwide. And their upcoming tour is set to live up to those lofty standards.
Featuring everything you’ve come to know and love about the Backstreet Boys – including their signature, flawless choreography, costume changes, a pyramid-shaped stage of light, trap doors and giant video screens, New Zealand fans, this is your chance to sing along to all of the band’s greatest hits, including bangers like ‘I Want It That Way’, ‘Everybody (Backstreet’sBack)’ and ‘As Long As You Love Me’. We can already hear the singalongs in our dreams!
The tour is in support and celebration of their whopping ninth studio album DNA. Following its release back in January, the album became the Backstreet Boys’ first US Billboard #1 since 2000’s Black and Blue.
Just because they haven’t been on the road, doesn’t mean they’ve slowed down for a second. From 2017 to April this year, Backstreet Boys held down a record-breaking Las Vegas residency, playing 80 shows at Planet Hollywood’s Zappos Theater. From there, they hit the road – kicking off their largest arena tour in 18 years in May, with sell-out performances in Europe, the United Kingdom, and North America.
Backstreet Boys New Zealand 2020 Onsale Info:
- Backstreet Boys Fan Club Presale – Friday 13 September @ 12pm (local time)
- Vodafone Presale – Tuesday 17 September @ 10am (local time) until Thursday 19 September @ 10am (local time)
- Live Nation Presale – Thursday 19 September @ 11am (local time) until Monday 23 September @ 11am (local time)
- My Ticketmaster Presale – Thursday 19 September @ 11am (local time) until Monday 23 September @ 11am (local time)
- General Public Onsale – Monday 23 September @ 12pm (local time)
Backstreet Boys will take over Spark Arena on Saturday 16 May. Tickets are on sale via Ticketmaster.co.nz.