If you’ve started to sense the vibrations of Raggamuffin festival already, then we suggest you prepare yourself for something even bigger and better than what you may be expecting.
Here’s everything you need to know about the event…
What is it?
The largest reggae festival in the Southern Hemisphere, Raggamuffin does exactly what their reputation suggests; delivering the world’s very best reggae acts all on one festival line-up.
2017 marks the tenth anniversary of the premier reggae festival in New Zealand so expect their biggest party yet.
Genre icon Shaggy will be heading up proceedings alongside Six60 – the New Zealand band’s only Auckland performance for the summer. They’ll be joined by The Wailers feat. Family Man, Ky-Mani Marley, 2016 Grammy Award winners, Morgan Heritage, and Jamaican-born songstress, Etana.
Last year the Raggamuffin Village was made even bigger to offer more variety and for 2017, a second stage has been added to the village, offering additional music options including New Zealand bands Foundation and Common Unity, along with DJ Al’Goodie.
When and where does it all happen?
Raggamuffin brings the good reggae vibes to Auckland next month, staking claim on The Trusts Arena, 65 – 67 Central Park Dr, Henerson on Saturday 18 February.
The festival kicks off at 10:30am with music right through to 10:30pm.
So what’s the deal with tickets?
Both general admission and VIP ticket packages are available for Raggamuffin.
The VIP packages shape up like so:
– Dedicated entry
– Access to VIP Chill Deck with dedicated bar and toilet facilities
– Seat in the covered Grandstand.
– mix and mingle with local/international artists in VIP lounge
– All VIP advantages
– Exclusive access to the ‘VVIP area’ on the Chill Deck
– $50 pre-loaded AWOP card for use at all bars and outlets
– merchandise shirt and hat.
– an onstage experience on the event morning including discussion with the Raggamuffin promoter
– a side of stage experience at a specified time during the Festival
Please note Raggamuffin X is R18.
Book your tickets for Raggamuffin X musical festival now at Ticketmaster.co.nz.